Have you encountered QuickBooks error 6150 and are unsure of how to fix it? You will get all the information you require in this article to fix QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006. Just make sure you properly read this content.
Error code 6150 appears when QuickBooks abruptly crashes while it is executing. Users may lose significant QuickBooks data, such as company files, as a result of this issue. Getting this error rectified as soon as you can in that case is crucial to prevent any negative impacts on your important accounting data.
Major causes leading to QuickBooks Error Code 6150, 1006
Numerous things can contribute to an error like this. These are a few of the main reasons:
- Incorrect settings related to QuickBooks Desktop may lead to this error.
- A company file getting corrupted for whatever cause is another reason.
- A malware or computer virus attack.
- A defective QuickBooks installation may also trigger QuickBooks error 6150.
What are the different methods to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
The error code associated with the various causes of Error 6150 can be fixed in a number of different ways. The remainder of this post goes through some of the best approaches to fix this error code. The order of each remedy should be followed.
Solution 1: QuickBooks Doctor File tool can help in fixing this error
The comprehensive QuickBooks Doctor File Tool can be used to resolve a variety of QuickBooks issues, including Error Code 6150, -1006. Use this tool as directed by the following guidelines:
- Download and install the QuickBooks Doctor File Tool from the Intuit website.
- After that, open the tool and then open the tool hub.
- Within the Toll hub, select the Company File Issues
- After that, select the Run QBFD
- Upon choosing the pertinent company file, select the option to continue.
- Enter your QuickBooks username and admin password.
- Then, select Next.
- Watch for the process to be finished. After processing your company file, restart QuickBooks to ensure that QuickBooks Error Code 6150, -1006 issue resolved.
Solution 2: Access the company files from different folder.
To rename your company file, adhere to the steps below:
- Begin by running the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Opt for the location of your company file.
- The next step requires copying of the file by pressing the Ctrl + C keys
- After that, head to the desired location wherein you wish the file to be moved. Thereafter, press the Ctrl + V keys together to copy the file to that particular location.
- Select the next course of action if the issue keeps erupting again and again.
Solution 3: Employ Auto Data Recovery (ADR).
To use this option, you must already have a backup of your company file. Auto Data Recovery can be used to recover the earlier file.
Solution 4: Get Company file backup
To restore the backup of your company file, follow the procedures below:
- Hold down the Ctrl key while starting the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- The No Company Open Window is visible on the screen.
- From the menu, choose the option to Open/Restore Company File.
- Select the backup file and choose the option to restore it.
- Open the company file once more and restart QuickBooks. Check to see if the error was fixed.
We conclude this article hoping that the various methods for fixing QuickBooks Error code 6150, -1006 proved helpful to you. For ancillary assistance, you may call our experts at 1 800 761 1787.