Anytime you think your work with the accounting programme QuickBooks is going well, problems that could show up on your screen for a number of causes could quickly disillusion you. One of the common faults that customers regularly mention is the “QuickBooks Error 15240“. When this problem arises, it can be very annoying. It is simply an update error that can happen to you when updating QuickBooks Desktop or payroll software. Additionally, if your internet explorer settings, time and date settings, etc. are off, this error can display.
You can also see one of the following issues while updating QuickBooks Desktop or downloading a payroll update:
Check to see if another programme isn’t utilising the file if it says “File Exists: The given file could not accessed. “Internet connection error: unknown problem”
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3008?
Fixes for QuickBooks Payroll Error 15240
The best and most efficient solutions to QuickBooks error 15240 shown here.
Start by using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
The steps described below can used to use the QBs install diagnostic tool to fix error 15420.
In the first step, download the QBs Install Diagnostic Tool.
- To get a diagnostic tool first, go to the official website.
- After downloading the diagnostic tool, save the setup file.
- Click the Run button after selecting QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe with your mouse.
- Next, click yes to view the licencing agreement page when offered.
- If the Diagnostic Tool was successfully installed, restart your computer.
Step 2: Locate error 15420 using the diagnostic tool.
- First, select the diagnostic tool.
- Choose “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” to launch the scanning process.
- The scanning procedure will take some time to complete, and any faults found will need to fixed.
- To complete, restart your computer device.
- Start the QuickBooks programme as a backup plan.
Launch QuickBooks as Administrator as a second option.
Follow the guidelines listed below in order to run the QB software as administrator.
- Control-click the QBs icon to get started.
- Selecting Run as Administrator recommended.
- Simply single-click on the option properties to open them.
- Then, confirm that the option is user-compatible.
- Finally, before clicking apply, you must first click ok.
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks using the Clean Install Tool.
Use this programme to repair most QuickBooks difficulties; follow the instructions below to reinstall the tool.
- On the screen, click the Start Menu icon.
- Immediately navigate to the Control Panel, then click the Uninstall a software link.
- After that, choose the QuickBooks Application and then click the button to modify or uninstall the application.
- Select the uninstall option and then adhere to the on-screen instructions to remove the App from the device.
- After that, run the QuickBooks clean install application that you downloaded from the official Intuit website.
- Select the I accept option to accept the terms and conditions of the tool kit.
- After choosing the appropriate QuickBooks version, click Continue.
- Simply select the “Ok” option to reinstall QuickBooks.
- Reopen your PC or other device’s QuickBooks.