QuickBooks happens to be one of the extensively used accounting and bookkeeping software globally. There are multiple features and functions that are integrated in this software yet it isn’t bug free. One of them is QuickBooks Error PS058 that occurs for multiple reasons. Because there is no specific reason or cause, you will have to be very cautious about the solution. This error usually happens when you try to download the latest payroll updates.
And some people have also complained about QB Error PS058 while installing the updates. So, whatever be the reason that has triggered this problem on your device, we suggest you should have a look at the Solution for how to fix QuickBooks payroll error PS058?.
What might have caused the QuickBooks Error PS058 code?
There are a lot of different reasons that can cause this problem on your device. Let’s have a look at some of the common ones.
- This can be caused due to the corrupted window explorer files in your device.
- If you have accidentally damaged your QB company files in the device.
- There can be a firewall or third-party software that can also prevent the access of QuickBooks causing this issue.
- And if your company files of QuickBooks are not available on your local drive; this can also cause this problem.
Solution to QuickBooks Error code PS058
Depending on the reason or cause of your problem you can select a solution. But if you are unable to figure out the exact reason why this is happening to your desktop, you can pick the one that is given below.
Read more: How to fix QuickBooks error 6209 0
Solution: Running the reboot.bat file
One of the finest ways to get this problem out of your desktop you can simply run the “reboot.that” file. This is how you can do this.
- Press “CTRL+ ALT+ DEL” on your keyboard and then click on the “Task Manager.” From the options.
- As soon as you click on that option you will have to go to “processes tab” and then navigate to the processes that are related to QuickBooks.
- In the next step, you will have to simply click on those processes and then you will see a “end all the processes” option.
- One by one click on all the processes and keep pressing this option to get them closed.
- Once this is done you will have to then go to the start button and when you click on that in the search field, you’ll have to type “reboot.bait.“
- After doing this just click on the enter button.
- Doing this you will be able to run this file. Just wait for the process to end.
- And when it does, you will have to close everything on your device and restart it.
- Now, you can download all the updates and then install them on your desktop.
You will find no problem in doing this. But if you do then you can simply dial on the number that’s given on the website. This will steer you to get in touch with one of our experts who will help you in diagnosing the problem better. They will not only guide you to understand the root cause but also which is the best solution for QB code error PS058.
You may also read: How to fix QuickBooks Error H202?