Ultimate warehouse cleaning checklist
Any cleaning procedure you attempt to do will take a clear route and a well-thought-out approach if you follow a checklist in place. This is because they will serve as an action plan and involves a steady pattern of cleaning. There will be no chances of errors, accidental damages, or even left-out spots if you have a warehouse cleaning checklist that is devised by professional cleaners.
Here’s a quick guide on warehouse cleaning that can help you make your procedure a level up!
Cleaning warehouses can be crucial because of the vulnerability surrounding the whole space. The premises are going to have endless transits each day, and you need to go about your cleaning procedure with a pre-planned approach that will pose no hindrance to your everyday operations.
With a cleaning checklist in hand, the cleaners will know precisely what they are expected to do and will go about the whole procedure without any back and forth. When you hire a warehouse cleaning company to do the procedure for you, they’ll present you with a dedicated account manager who will keep you continuously posted on the progress and performance of the cleaning procedure.
Areas that need daily coverage in a warehouse
On an everyday basis, you’re going to encounter a lot of footfalls and packaged items continuously moving in and out of the door. You need to have all your shelf spaces properly cleaned and systematically organized in order to avoid any hassles or damages.
Cover these on a day-to-day basis:
- Take all the trash out and clean the trash cans on a surface level to prevent contamination over a period of time
- Clear out the floor space from time to time and keep them clear from dispersed elements like forklifts
- Wipe every shelf and pallet with a micro-fiber cloth to cast away accumulated dust and dirt. This will ensure maximum safety and will prevent any damage to the stocked-up items.
- Clean, disinfect, and then sanitize your floor spaces from corner to corner. Remove any debris from the floors, windows, walls, and carpet surfaces.
- Clear up the doorway and loading ducks along with the conveyor belts if any
- Restock supplies wherever needed, including tissues, toilet papers, sanitization solutions, hand wash dispensers, etc.
Weekly warehouse cleaning checklist
- Week on week, you should organize and reorganize your entire space to ensure that they’re all placed systematically the way you want them.
- Your storage rooms should be cleared up and cleaned before you stock them up again at least once every week.
- All your electrical ends, including light fixtures, ceiling fans, etc, should be wiped and dusted
- Commercial cleaning of window blinds and streak-free cleaning of the windows, door frame dusting, etc
- Take care of all the high touch-prone points, including your toilet handles, flush knobs, dispenser buttons, elevator buttons, staircase railings, etc
- Clean all the hard-to-reach areas and polish the entire visible area to maintain a neat interior and crisp air quality.
Things you should cover month on month
Every month, you should allocate time and resources to perform a thorough deep cleaning procedure, warehouse cleaning company in Sydney can do this. As a part of this procedure, you should inspect corner to corner of your space to spot any vulnerabilities and take care of them immediately. Other than this, you should perform the following:
- Power wash and pressure clean your crucial material handling areas like your entryways, loading docks, staircases, elevators, etc. accordingly and free them from any wet stain marks or dirt accumulations
- Repair any plumbing work as necessary and keep a check on any kind of leakages or mildews
- Clean all your air ducts if any
- Remove and inspect the conveyor belts. Use wet wipes to free them from any stains.
- Clear up your carpets and the baseboards as necessary
- Thoroughly disinfect your employees’ work desks and cabin spaces. Hiring warehouse cleaning services.
- Complete floor cleaning with appropriate solutions
Why is hiring a cleaning company your best bet?
1. Better solutions
Warehouse cleaning is a sensitive requirement, and you should only involve thorough subject-matter experts to take care of the procedure for you. With professionals, you can simply sit back and relax since they know what they are doing. This kind of accountability will change the entire cleaning procedure top-down.
2. Keeping up with the timelines
You need to hire cleaners who present your deliverables on time without any delays or back and forths. Any reputable cleaning company will also offer after-hours cleaning services to make the whole process hassle-free for you.
3. Expert solutions
At Multi Cleaning, We have been doing this for over ten years now, and we understand all the nitty-gritty that is associated with warehouses. We have been performing procedures like this for over a decade currently, and we know all the different surface demands along with the specific solutions that are effective for them.
Hire us today to make a difference in your space. Or call us now to ask us about the warehouse cleaning checklist that we’ll follow for you!