Musculoskeletal physiotherapy is a specialized physical therapy treatment for people who have musculoskeletal complaints or are undergoing treatment for a musculoskeletal condition. Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy In Mumbai seeks to assist patients to recover from their ailment as quickly as possible through regular treatment sessions, as well as to build coping techniques to aid the patient during the recovery process and prevent secondary problems from forming. Musculoskeletal physiotherapy treats diseases that influence how you move, specifically how your muscles and joints work together. An injury that makes it painful or difficult to move your feet, ankles, legs, hands, arms, shoulders, backs, and necks can have a significant impact on your life.
What Is The Process?
Based on the first assessment, treatment is individualized to the individual. Following treatment, exercise programs and counseling are typically offered, and the number of treatments will vary depending on the patient’s recovery status. Musculoskeletal physiotherapists are experts in assessing and treating musculoskeletal problems such as tendinitis and carpal tunnel syndrome. Musculoskeletal physiotherapists have received comprehensive training in musculoskeletal disorders-specific treatments and procedures. Most musculoskeletal physiotherapists see patients who have muscle and joint disorders, which can cause pain in the back and neck.
- Manual therapy and manipulation
- Therapy through exercise
- Self-management skills and coping strategies
- Management of Pain
Musculoskeletal conditions are typically characterized by pain (which is often persistent) and limitations in mobility, dexterity, and functional ability, reducing people’s ability to work and participate in social roles, with associated effects on mental well-being and, on a broader level, impacts on community prosperity. Osteoarthritis, back and neck discomfort, fractures linked with bone fragility, trauma, and systemic inflammatory disorders are the most frequent and disabling musculoskeletal conditions.
- Back Ache
- Neck Ache
- Frozen Rotator Cuff Injury in the Shoulder
- Impingement of the Shoulder
- Golfers Elbow
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
- Injury from Repetitive Strain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Tennis Ear
- Arthritis Rheumatoid
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Thigh Sprain Ankle Sprain
- Achilles tendinosis
- Knee pain due to meniscus tear
- Anterior knee discomfort
Who Will Benefit?
- Musculoskeletal physiotherapy helps patients heal and improve their quality of life in a variety of ways.
- Muscle strength and flexibility are improved.
- Improves range of motion, ease of movement, and movement quality
- Improves movement coordination and control
- Pain is reduced or eliminated completely.
- Assists the patient in developing coping skills to deal with discomfort or difficulties performing typical motions while recovering.
- Aids in the achievement of physical activity or fitness goals
- Aids in the teaching and consolidation of appropriate movement patterns in order to lessen the probability of acquiring musculoskeletal diseases in the future.